St Joseph’s Parish School, Nambour aims to carry out its mission of school education by implementing equitable and accountable enrolment processes consistent with the school’s Vision Statement, Archdiocesan Policy and applicable government legislation.
- Enrolment is open to those accepting and supportive of the Catholic faith and the School’s Vision Statement.
- The School’s Catholic identity will be held paramount.
- Parents/Guardians, when accepting their child’s enrolment, will make a commitment to accept their responsibilities for all relevant fees and levies. No child will be denied enrolment because of genuine financial inability to meet the payment of such fees and levies.
- Parents/Guardians are willing to participate in the community life of the school.
- St. Joseph’s is a two-stream school so consideration for enrolment will be in the priority of :
- Applicant is a sibling of a current student of St Joseph’s
- Applicant is a baptised Catholic and is a member of St. Joseph’s faith community
- Applicant is a baptised Catholic and is a member of another Catholic community.
- Parents of the applicant are Catholic and are willing to commit to participation in the life of St Joseph's community
- Other interested applicants.
- Children with exceptional needs will be considered for enrolment according to Diocesan Policy
- The enrolment process is conducted through the school office.
- For Prep enrolments, a child must have attained the age of 5 by 30 June in the year they commence school.
- The school offers to mail an Information Booklet with an Enrolment Application if the inquirer does not have access to the school’s website where all this information can be downloaded.
- Interviews are set up in a timely manner once an application is received, if a vacancy exists.
- A $30.00 non-refundable fee applies when placing an application.
- If a vacancy does not exist, the family is informed and is offered placement on a Waiting List for consideration if / when a vacancy occurs.
- If a vacancy does exist and the family are willing to make a commitment to the school community, the child is allocated to a class to begin attendance on an agreed date.
- A deposit of $100.00 is required upon completion and return of the Confirmation of Enrolment form. This is non-refundable should the child not take up the position, however an offer to refund this deposit will be made when the child graduates from St Joseph's.
- Orientation programs are devised according to the age and needs of the child.
- If a child requiring significant educational adjustments makes application for enrolment, Brisbane Catholic Education’s ‘Enrolment Application and Support Procedures’ is followed.
Enrolment at St Joseph’s School does not guarantee enrolment at St John’s College, Nambour.
St Joseph’s Primary School - Vision Statement
Brisbane Catholic Education - Vision Statement
Brisbane Catholic Education Council - Enrolment of Students in Catholic Schools Policy (2004)
Queensland Catholic Education Commission - ‘Inclusive Practices’ Position Statement (2009)
Brisbane Catholic Education Council - Financial Accessibility of Catholic Education Schools (2008)
Brisbane Catholic Education Council - Students who are at the Margins of Society and/or Out-of-Home (2009)
Brisbane Catholic Education - ‘Enrolment Application and Support Procedures for Students requireing significant educational adjustments’